Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Variation on a Common Theme

I seem to be on a cat craze this month.  Yet another creation featuring my favorite animal. 
This one is destined for a new home as of this evening. One of my guild members gave me a heart for the holidays and I am presenting this Siamese Cat to her as a thank you at our meeting tonight.  Would have been sooner but have not been able to make the last several  meetings.


This fab feline was made by stamping onto a thin layer of translucent clay. Then I colored him in using PanPastel Chalks. After that, I laid the image over clay to which silver foil had been applied.  Baked and applied a thin layer of liquid clay to give it a little shine.  

I just hope that she can make it to the meeting tonight.  It might snow again and that will keep a lot of us folks home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment