Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Friday, February 11, 2011

What I did in Tucson, part III

I learned how to make Faux Bone.  This is a very easy technique that I am surprised I never tried before. I guess there are soooo many things one can do with polymer clay, and only so many hours in a day to try them out in.  I work a full time job (today is the last day of my vacation - sob!) so clay time is limited. 

I also got to use resin to fill in the carved out area of the bone.  A little critter has been trapped in the amber. Boy, was it hard making a teeny, weenie dragon. That was the biggest challenge of the day.

I was also so excited to discover that Christi was going to be in my neck of the woods next month. She will be teaching a weekend workshop in the San Juan Islands.  Of course, I had to sign up right away.  Looking forward to a treat like this will help me get through the next month of overcast skies and rainy weather.  Spring is my favorite season.  Winter, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment