Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Too busy to write

I have been so busy this week.  Taking classes, taking in the sights, touring all the booths and visiting with old friends, that I just haven't found the time to write about any of it.  Most we have been keeping warm with the record low cold weather that Tucson has been experiencing. Here I was, looking forward to a getaway from the grey, deary winter of the Pacific Northwest...and it is warmer at home than it is here.  What Irony.

Trying to shop the tents here at Tucson was an adventure.  Hardly anyone there except the poor vendors, who were huddling, if lucky, around small space heaters.  Those more fortunate to be stationed outside a hotel room, would run in and out of the room to get warm.  My friends are from Kanas originally, so a little cold weather did not frighten them away and we got some very good deals.

Apparently a pump froze at one of the water pumping stations and parts of Tucson where without water on top of the cold weather.  One lady in my Christi Friesen class was so thankful to be in the class rather than at work - there are 35 people at her job and no water.

Last night I attended my first Friday Polymer Clay Night, full of demo's and give aways. I did not win anything but I did sit next to the grand prize winner in the scavenger hunt. What a lucky lady - she won  a beautiful Christi original.  Got my friend Donna to go too and she also had fun.  She is more into glass and clay than polymer, but I am trying to turn her to the clay side....hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment