Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Friday, March 9, 2012

a la Julie Picarello

For this weeks earrings, I tried my hand at the Pendulum earring design from Julie Picarello's "Patterns in Polymer".

This was my first successful attempt at coloring washers. The secret is to paint the washer first (I used a paint dapper by Ranger), using a light color and then apply the ink.  What I thought was strange, even though I used the same two colors of ink, when they dried they looked like two different colors of violet. I was a bit worried that the under painting and ink would not survive in the oven during the finally curing, but as you can see, it held up fine.

I added a couple of rhinestones for a little bling.

I really like the way they look, but when I tried them on, they just didn't hand right.  One was fine, the other sticks out at a weird angle... can't figure it out as they look identical when I put them side by side.... hummm, maybe my ears are lopsided?????

Pretty in Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment