Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Monday, January 31, 2011

Showed the oldest, now the newest

I really admire the work of Artebecca.  In the concept of imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, I have attempted to make my own version of her wonderful art beads.  But I, unlike that talented lady, can not seem to draw anything but leafs.  However, through shear  repetition,  I am getting good at doing leafs.  Could be because I was using clay left over from my dragon making session last month and the colors lend themselves to one thinking about autumn and falling leafs.

I started out making beads.  I tried darkening the lines with acrylic paint, but was not totally satisfied with the look. I then used liquid clay mixed with pitch black alcohol ink to highlight the lines.  When wiping the excess liquid away, a tiny residue is left on the rest of the bead. When zapped with my heat gun, it gives just the right amount of sheen to the beads.


Then I realized that I had a lot of beads but no focal.  So I made up several more, larger heart shaped.  But after looking at them, with the other beads, I have decided they are not exactly the right shape. So back to the drawing board, but will have to wait till I get back from Tucson. 
Less than 24 hours and I will be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment