Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The little piggy that started it all

Where to start? 

When in doubt, I suppose it is best to start at the beginning.  My beginning  started one Saturday morning at my local Michael's.  There was a nice lady sitting at a table next to a pasta machine.  Next to her where these cute little critters... and one was a pink piggy. It so happens that my sister collected pink pigs and I was always on the look out for them. So I innocently asked what she was doing.

The next think I know, I am making my own pink pig, and then another.  I bought some clay, a pasta machine, and a blade then and there.  Headed to the local thrift store to find a toaster oven and I was off, making pink pigs like crazy. 

I took over a spot in my hubbies garage but soon the pigs weren't enough. I slowly crept my new hobby into the house, eventually moving out my sewing machine and other craft items. Several months later I discovered there was a local polymer clay guild and I joined.  I graduated to making beads, which I love doing, and recently starting to make the beads into jewelery.


This is the little piggy who started it all. Still keeps my notes in line on the refrigerator. I don't know what happened to my sister's.

No comments:

Post a Comment