Before getting sick, I had started a couple of veneers using the Controlled Marbling tutorial by Lynda Mosely. Sunday, I had the chance to make them into beads, rather than the gorgeous pendants she is known for.
This time I used a combination of light blue, yellow and ecru, interspersed with white. I really like the light green color that appeared where the yellow and blue mixed. I did not add any details to the veneer.
Only had a tiny bit of this color combo. I really like it. Two matching beads for an earring set And one lone bead for who knows what. I have a box of "who knows what" beads that is set aside for "something" in the future. Maybe I will use them in Lori Anderson's Bead Hoarders Challenge in July. We'll see.
After these beads were made and baking in the oven, I still had urges and fiddly fingers. An open package of translucent clay was sitting on my table, so I got out the inks and went to town. Laid down some gold foil on a small sheet of translucent clay, rolled it through successively smaller settings on the PM, turning it 90 degrees each time to crackle the foil. When it was thin enough, I got out my inks and colored it (used Butterscotch and Plum this time). After the inks dried (boy, I so had to be patient here - used the drying time to finish my previously made beads with LPC, zap with heat gun and rebaked to a shiny luster), I I used the sheet to veneer white bead cores. The gold foil adds a real sparkle to the beads, and I am very happy with the depth of color. The pictures just can't show that.
|I call these my Fire Lizard eggs (homage to Pern)|