Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Rustic Reloaded

As I wrote in my last blog, I wanted to attempt using darker colors when making Rustic Beads. This time I tried a dark blue.  
 I found out quickly that dark colors just aren't my thing. At least, this shade of blue it not.

 So, back to the lighter colors I gravitate towards.
Only textured on one side.  Will have to make post earrings
out of them, I suppose

 The yellow/green combo is one that really speaks to me


 Close ups of my favorite beads of the group.


 A little darker this time.  I also tried a bit of a different distressing technique on these pairs.  The finished look is more scratched up and worn that I was able to achieve before.  Kinda like the result and want to play some more with the idea.

 I saw a quick demo on  how to make lava beads at clay camp, but did not win the tool needed to create them.  Found it in my local neighborhood hardware store (this is a great place to wander the aisles, they are an older store with lots of goodies tucked away just waiting to be discovered). These were colored using the same technique as the rustic beads, but I did not distress them.  They have problems enough of their own without my beating on them.

A big thanks to Ginger Allman of The Blue Bottle Tree for her Rustic Bead tut.  I am having so much fun with it.

3 comments:

  1. I have never been much of a fan of green, but lately I am loving the shades I have been seeing. Your beads are wonderful.. love em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so mich for your visit and comment...clay is new too me but am hooked.

    Xxcynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. And thank you so very much for sharing your experience with my tutorial. I find it fascinating how each person manages to put their own twist on the techniques and come up with something that's just right for them.

    ReplyDelete