One of my goals for this year is to expand my range into actually making more jewelry pieces, rather than just the beads. I enjoyed the challenge of the 52 earrings/year project, and taking part in Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Hops. These have forced me to expand beyond my scope and interested me more in jewelry design itself. I have a bead stash (who doesn't?) that is crying to be used, not to mention making my own beads, so what is stopping me? Why am I afraid to put some beads on a string??? And when I do attempt stringing, it takes me forever ... I find myself stressing over exactly which beads to use, make and remake the string a dozen times. This does not lead to a very happy experience in the long run. I want to enjoy the process, not stress over it.
Hence the latest experiment (bet you were wondering when I going to get to the point). I thought I would try the leave it to chance method. The first try was with a strand of coordinated beads from a bead show years past. Easy to start with as some one else had picked the beads for me, thus reducing the stress of having to think to hard. Into the bucket they went and I strung them as I pulled them out. The only bead placement planning I did was with the triangular shaped beads.
That idea worked so well, it lead me to attempt an even more challenging project. This time, I had to go through my bead stash and pick the coordinating beads myself. I still left the stringing order to chance, except for the spacer motif. I must admit that I really like this set. Now I have the stringing bug, which is good since it is too cold in my studio to do any clay work. I have to do something to keep my fingers busy this winter.
And here is your moment of cute .
|Some one has exploring feet |
(taken with cell phone so pardon the focus)