Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Monday, April 11, 2011

Color combos that just don't work and one that did

Haven't been doing much this last week. I spent a lot of time last weekend preparing for my guild demo of my Squishy beads. It kinda screwed up my wrist  rolling out that much clay and cutting out all those small circles of clay for the coin stack. But it was worth it. I got some good complements on the demo and people seemed happy to learn the technique.

 As I said, in preparation for the demo, I made up some coin rolls ahead of time.  I just used up bits and pieces of various packages I had laying around, and I admit I was curious as to what the color combos would look like.  Still experimenting, as one never knows till they try what might work.

This time though,  I mostly discovered colors that did not work so well together.  Oh well, they can't all be winners.

                                                                                                                                                                             Red white and blue... very good colors when it comes to patriotic themes but not so well together when blended.  I was hoping that the blue and red would blend to make a pretty purplish color....well, it is purple but the combo not the best.  Will not try it again.
 Another combo used that did not turn out well is cad red, yellow and black. I am almost ashamed at posting these, but the top three where the yellow and red made orange are cool. This is the blended color that I was hoping to achieve when I chose the colors for the coin roll.
 Since I had so much cad red left over, I put it together with white and black, and got these.  I really like the red and white ones at the bottom of the picture.












And finally the beads that I really like.  Silver, black and white.  Will definitely make more of these. 

3 comments:

  1. I think they are all great, but the silver black and white are really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so quick to discount those beads...I think they're great in fact I immediately had a necklace idea for each of them. I am new to clay...really new, as in I'm exploring different artists and what can be made, and have as yet to actually try it...( I do things bass ackwards ) maybe there is a quality of bead that I'm too amateur to recognize, but sometimes the amateur's opinion is more universal...just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you like the color combos ... that is one of the joys of beads, and PC... what works for one will not work for another. The combo's were not what I personally like, and I am too new at jewelry design in general to spend time working with beads that I don't find appealing in color. Maybe someday, if I start selling more, I will make something up with these as I am now sure from your response that someone may find them just what they like and need.

    ReplyDelete