Clay Day was very inspiring. Maria was working with translucent clay, so I got out the inks and colored a some clay too. I had a new "skinny" border texture sheet that I used to get the crosshatched look.
I decided to play a bit with controlled marbling (a la Lynda Mosely). When I got done and looked at the veneer, I was not all that pleased with it. To tell the truth, I was trying to do it from memory and think I missed a step or two. Rather than wad up the clay for bead guts, I sliced it into strips and made beads. I found a rolled cane in my tool box (heavens ... I don't even REMEMBER making it ... wonder how old it is?) I reduced and added slices to the striped veneer just for fun. I really like the final look of these beads.
When I got home, there was more experimenting to do. I had some tinted translucent clay left over ... humm, wonder what will happen if I marble it and use it as a veneer. As you can see, it is really hard to see any variation in color between the different tinted clays.
I am not giving up on this idea. I have a weekend coming up and more experimentation to do.
|Colors used: Wasabi, Fuchsia, Ecru and white/|
|Found a different bulls eye cane to use for detail|
|The tints show up a bit better in these longer beads|
If I am not playing with the kittens that is! Only two left but they are sooo adorable, and such a distraction.
|I hope that Tofur keeps his blue eyes.|
|Zinger waiting patiently for the door to open.|