Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Artisan Show Finds

As usual, I spent more than I made at our annual Artisan's Show.  This year it was so hard not to buy out the shop... there were so many lovely and unique pieces to be drooled over.

The first pieces I am going to share are ones I found at  my NWPCG mate Nan's booth.  She made some very eclectic pieces that really fit into my wild side. So hard to choose, so I got several pairs.

Feed the wild side as much as possible
Dawn Grey  came to our Clay Camp last May and it was one of her first experiences with this wonderful medium.  She is really blooming, and is very creative. I couldn't resist this piece. She incorporated a real shell into this lovely seaside homage.  Dawn told me the shell was grey until she put the resin on it, and then the colors just popped.
Keep Clam.
Laura of Bauble d'art was also new to our show.  She makes lovely jewelery from glass beads rather than polymer, but we don't hold that against her (LOL).  I fell in love with these beads and just had to have them. She thinks she has a focal at home, so I am hoping that I will get a necklace to match.

It was sooooo hard to decide which work of nature I wanted from Blessings in Nature.  Kyndahl has developed a techique that showcases flora and fona and all that is beautiful in nature. I finally decided that I wanted something really unique, so chose this gorgeous pendant.  Can you guess what the material she used was? If you like this piece, she has just opened an Etsy shop Blessings in Nature.  
Did you guess that I was
Snake Skin?
Julia Wolf Miller of White Dog Studio is a wonderful Glass fusing artist.  She painstaking draws out these beautiful designs with tiny pieces of glass called frit. She says many of her pieces go through 4 to 5 firings.  This delightful fellow is one of her Bird Totem Series.  He makes me smile.
Pardon my fingers. I wanted you
all to see how pretty he is with
the light shinning through

I got this wonderful Mokume Gane pendant from my Guildie Liz at Clay Camp.  At the time, she did not have any earrings to match, so it has been living in my jewelery box, with no where to go.  I was hoping that since it is one of Liz's favority color combos, she would someday use it again and I would be able to complete my set.
 She didn't let me down!  I was able to pick up these babies to match.
And I saved my favorite till last.  Liz has just quit her soul sucking job and is going to try to focus on her jewelery design business.  I am wishing her all the luck in the world, as she is so talented (and a great, fun person to boot).  I fell in love with these earrings at first sight and grabbed them up before anyone else could see them. She designed, etched and punched out the copper circles. I think the only thing she did not personally make on these earrings were the ear wires.


1 comment:

  1. I am totally inspired by each and every find! It must have been a fabulous show!

    ReplyDelete