Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Juneau

Our second port of call on the Clayditarod Cruise was Juneau, Alaska's capital city.  Once again the area the ship docked in was full of jewelry stores all designed to part us from our money.  I thought that Skagway had  way too many jewelry stores for its size, but Juneau had it beat.

 
The reddish building is where one could catch a tram to the top of the mountain. Lord Opuson was all for trying it, but I am chicken when it comes to high places.  Besides, the mountain top was covered in clouds that day so the view would not have been worth it.  Had it been a clear day, he *might* have talked me into it.  


Me in all my glory.   I really liked the decorations on the building behind me.  The metal pieces were installed in such a way that the shadows they cast produced the totem images you see.

Remember the TV show M*A*S*H?

The shop behind this sign post sells the best smelling soap.  It is so pretty and smell  yummy that I don't want to use it.

The biggest thing I got in Juneau was Diet Pepsi!!! I had to pay almost $3 a bottle but it was worth it. The ship only carried Coke products and I just couldn't stand not having my Pepsi fix!

1 comment:

  1. Hey JuLee, hope you're feeling a little better... nasty price to pay for the fun of travel. I've been catching up on your recent posts (I've been busy with a Challenge of Travel blog hop, funny coincidence). Looks like you had a wonderful cruise. Those designers are such a talented gang, aren't they? I love that totem pole, too; you could do so many adaptations of the idea.

    Beautiful scenery... Was glad to see you and hubby had lots of excursions as well, can't wait to see some of your beady goodies, JuLee!

    ReplyDelete