In making the first ones, I was looking for different color, so I combined violet and gold which gave me a deep burgundy. When I added my final coating (made from a mixture of liquid clay and black ink), an interesting affect happened. Instead of a black finish, it turned a golden color. I was not too happy with this look - too dark for my liking.
I had a lot of burgundy clay left, which I then lighted up by adding white and a touch of ecru to soften the color. This color is one I like better. Hard to believe it is the same base color.
Off and running. The next color was a result of mixing scrap clay for bead guts. I liked the soft blue.
|Opps, forgot the bead cap on one.|
But when I added the antiquing, it turned it more grey. The two on the right are made using a very small portion of a texture plate. It is the only portion of the plate I like. I wonder why I ever bought it - might have come in a pack.
I have found another source of inspiration on line. Artybecca has posted several mini tuts on flickr. I was experimenting with one earlier today and hope to post the pictures later this week.