Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Life's Ugly SIde

It has been a while since I blogged. I would like to say it was because I was busy creating but unfortunately life has poked its sometimes ugly head  where it is not wanted. 

Normally I want to focus on my art and love of polymer but I need the catharsis of talking/writing about the bad that lets us appreciate the good.  Two sides of the coin of Life.

Our beloved Underfoot, Prince Pippin, became extremely lethargic several weeks ago,  At first we thought it might be the heat as summer had finally arrived, but when he would not sit in front the fan we put in the window (he has ALWAYS had first perch for this coveted position), we knew that something out of the ordinary was going on.  A trip to the vet confirmed the bad news.He has kidney disease and was in pretty bad shape

So over the last few weeks we have learned that our docile baby boy can be a real fighter when it comes to having pills and vitamins (even in liquid form) popped down his throat.  We have learned how to give a kitty IV infusion (he really HATES that) and have gotten really good at finding all his hiding places.  We have learned to appreciate every purr and head butt to "pet me, please" . We don't even get upset any more when he wakes us in the morning by touching his paw to our nose because it means he is hungry and might eat more than a dollop of food (he needs to gain some weight which is hard since he really doesn't like the kidney diet he is on.)  

Here he is enjoying a rest on his favorite soft spot.  He loves looking out the window laying on his comfy perch. 
You don't mind if I shed all over the place, do you? Maybe you can knit something out of my hair, hum?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, JuLee! What a bummer--I'll keep your little guy in my prayers. I was beginning to get concerned....

    --Cathy Gilbert

    ReplyDelete