Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Thursday, November 24, 2011

What the Heck Happened??

I have been using polymer clay since  2006 and have NEVER had anything like this happen before.

No, this is not the dark side of the Moon.
At first I thought that I had trapped air in the clay, but when I looked the unbaked trimming off this piece, I didn't see any trapped air bubbles.  I checked the temp of the oven and it was spot on.  

Needless to say, my piece was ruined, but luckily it was not anything I had spent too much time on.  
This is the only polymer piece that I have worked on lately, as I have been very busy making domino pendants.  They have been selling well - mostly to my co-workers.  I am so happy that I have been able to provide unique gifts for the upcoming holidays.   



1 comment:

  1. That is so odd--could your oven have spiked in the baking process? Was the item pure clay or was it covered with something like gilder's paste? [I discovered gilder's paste burns at clay-curing temps!] As an aside, it sort of looks like a warty manta ray hiding under silt awaiting dinner! :-)

    ReplyDelete